July 28 – August 4, 2018
We invite artists to the symposium of land art, which will take place in the Tustan neighbourhood, on the territory of the State Historical and Cultural Reserve “Tustan” and the Urich village, Skole district, Lviv region.
Tustan, the fortress city, is a unique historical, archaeological, architectural and natural site. During the XIX-XVI centuries, Tustan was a defence and administrative centre, as well as the customs — the Salt Way passed over the Carpathians nearby and transported salt from Galicia to the countries of Central Europe.
This year’s symposium aims to continue the tradition of gathering a creative audience on the territory of the site and launching an annual art residence that would organically complement this picturesque environment.
“The Land of Power” is an incredible landscape, cultural and natural site, full of history and legends. The entire area is overwhelmed with creative energy, which we offer to accumulate within the contemporary art dialogue with cultural layers, natural environment and local citizens.
The land art symposium is initiated to unite artists around the inspirational space to fill the cultural landscape with new ideas and artistic interpretation of historical facts and legends.
From February 25 to May 25, 2018 — applications from artists to participate in the art symposium
The symposium will last from July 28 to August 4, 2018.
Important for artists:
To apply, we kindly ask you to:
- find out more about Tustan
- check out possible locations to implement your plans
- watch a short inspirational video of landscapes and views
- fill in the applicant’s blank, attach the description of the art-object conception, including a sketch and the list of all necessary materials for the implementation.
Based on the submitted applications, the organisers will select 10 participants of the art symposium and announce the results by June 10, 2018.
The organisers provide:
- transfer from Lviv (only the direction Lviv – Urich – Lviv);
- accommodation in houses of local citizensand tents;
- materials for work (depending on the project’s budget).
Languages of the symposium: Ukrainian, English.
The symposium’s programme includes:
- excursions around the Tustan outskirts;
- acquaintance evenings to establish further cooperation;
- presentation of art objects during the opening of the festival “TuStan! -2018”
- communication with local citizens.
Upon the symposium’s closure:
- edition of a catalogue;
- access to art objects for all the Reserve visitors (more than 100 000 of visitors yearly);
- planned exhibition projects based on the results of the symposium in Lviv, Vienna and Frankfurt.
Lviv Regional Public Organization “Tustan”, Municipal institution of the Lviv Regional Council “Administration of the State Historical and Cultural Reserve “Tustan”, The project is part of the European Union’s programme “Creative Europe”.
Programme’s coordinator (Ukraine) — Kateryna Hai, email@example.com, +38 067 583 29 42
Chief organiser (Slovakia) — Machaon International firstname.lastname@example.org